Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blankie



Wesley just recently started sleeping with his cow blanket from Grandma and Grandpa Flaming. It's been in his crib for a few months now, just in case he ever wanted it (and why wouldn't he?) or woke up and decided to play instead of scream (we can only hope!). Well, for months he just ignored it. Earlier this week, though, we noticed it was in the middle of the crib when he woke up in the morning. Then one night I watched him from the door right after I put him down for bed. He crawled to where the blanket was, grabbed it, crawled back to where he wanted to sleep, wiggled until the blanket was under his head, and then fell asleep. How cute is that! So, now Blake and I put the blanket next to him when he goes down for a nap or for the night so he doesn't have to work so hard to get comfortable. Today when I put him down for a nap, he actually lifted up his head and just looked at me. I put the blanket under him like a pillow and then he laid back down and went right to sleep. Silly boy!!!

Thanks for the blanket, Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. How precious is that?! That just warms my heart.I love how you spied on him, and learned what he wanted, and accommodated him so lovingly. He is one lucky "silly" boy!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete