Monday, June 15, 2009

Reports From Daycare

I'm always anxious/excited to get a report on Wesley's activities when I pick him up from daycare. Usually it's just the "Wesley had a good day today" report, but every once in a while I get something more interesting--sometimes good, sometimes not so good, and sometimes just funny. Today was a mixture of good and funny.

Miss Cecilia starting by saying how cute Wesley was today, so I knew it wasn't all bad news! He was Symphony's (8 month old little girl) buddy today. When she was sad and crying at one point, Wesley started handing her toys to make her feel better. When that didn't work, he just patted her little head. How sweet is that?!?!

But...then Miss Cecilia went on to tell me about lunch. I packed left over spaghetti for Wesley's lunch today; last night he ate a million noodles but wouldn't touch the meat sauce. Well, today for lunch he did the exact opposite. Miss Cecilia said she watched him suck all the sauce off every noodle and then deposit all the very clean noodles in the cup holder part of the high chair tray. That boy!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to hear about Wesley's empathetic, sensitive, and sweet nature? He is very young to actually "reach out" to another child who is sad. I am very impressed. Most toddlers are in the Me, me, me stage. How aware he is!

    Now the noodle thing. I guess some days you feel saucey, and some days not. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete