Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Girlfriends

Wesley has two adorable girlfriends at daycare. The first is Holly. She's a month older than Wesley but a few inches shorter and very petite. She is such a talker already! She knows Wesley by name ("Weswee") and will repeat just about any word you say to her. Then there's Kylee. She's about two months younger than Wesley and has the most gorgeous head of curly dark hair and big dark eyes to match.

This morning Wesley wasn't too excited about getting out of the car at daycare, at least not until I mentioned Holly and Kylee. As soon as he remembered that he would get to play with them, he couldn't get out of his car seat fast enough! Wesley was a little disappointed when we walked in and all he saw was Symphony. She's only a year old and not much fun to play with yet. I assured Wesley that Holly and Kylee would get there soon though.

When I picked him up today, I reminded Wesley to say goodbye to everyone and that he would see them later. Usually he just randomly waves to no one in particular and then we leave. Well, today he actually walked over to Holly and gave her a hug and kisses! And I do mean kisses--not just one or two, but multiple kisses! I had to finally walk over and take his hand to make him leave. Kylee got a kiss and a wave goodbye too. What a charmer I have on my hands!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! How wonderful that he is making friends at auch a young age, and actually looking forward to seeing them. I see that happen at our pre school, and those friend ships often last years, and years. We start at age two, and some of them are so happy to see their little friends when they arrive! Oh, and get ready. This is the beginning of the little girls loving handsome Wesley Flaming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. That should say such, not auch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such as sweet sweet story. I have the biggest smile on my face. I can't believe how big Wesley is getting. WOW! Watch out Mom!

    ReplyDelete