Monday, July 20, 2009

New Toy

I don't buy new toys for Wesley very often, mostly because he already has a lot that he's gotten as gifts and because Blake threatens to throw two old ones away for every new one I buy. I couldn't pass this one up though, despite the threats from Blake. :)

We all know how much Wesley loves books, but he also loves taking things out and putting them back into wherever they're stored--baskets, toy boxes, etc. So, when I saw this set of books, I just had to get it. It combines his two favorite things! It's a set of 26 mini books--one for each letter of the alphabet--and they come with their own storage box. It couldn't be more perfect for Wesley!

Wesley actually sat on my lap as we read 22 of the 26 books this morning. That's a pretty long attention span! (I was actually getting tired of them before him!) Then he spent another ten minutes putting the books away and taking them back out. Definitely a "thumbs up" toy for us!

1 comment:

  1. That is indeed the perfect toy for Wesley! How he loves putting things in, and taking them out again, and repeating that process. He is always so busy learning. He does have a long attention span. That will serve him well in school!

    ReplyDelete