Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthday Party

We had a birthday party for Wesley on Saturday afternoon. We only had immediate family over, but even then it gets pretty big! Wesley was thrilled to have all his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins over. He was so busy and excited that he barely even remembered to eat! :) Here are some photos from the party--

Birthday banner that Blake and I disagreed about how to hang. Blake won that "discussion" but the banner fell down during the party. Enough said. :)
(I'm sure the fact that everyone was opening that cupboard didn't help though!)

Dinosaur themed cake and cupcakes:


Quick family photo before lighting the candles.

Wesley tried really hard to blow out his candles! Too bad he tried to blow with his lips closed...

Enjoying his birthday cupcake. The frosting and sprinkles were his favorite parts!

Birthday photo with Oma and Grandma.

I love how the boys seem mesmerized by the tractor (a gift from Oma and Opa)!

This picture epitomizes gift opening at kids' parties--they all want a piece of the action! That's what makes it so fun though. They all get to help open and then play with new toys. It doesn't get much better than that!

Enjoying the new jungle book from Grandma and Poppy.

Taking his first ride down his roller coaster in the back yard.

Wesley was excited to play with all his new toys again this morning. The lego zoo from the Visser side aunts, uncles, and cousins has been a lot of fun. Mina and Steve, this was the best I could do to recreate the scene on the box before Wesley tore it all down again!


Thank you to everyone who made the drive up to help us celebrate Wesley's big day! Thank you to those who sent cards too. We appreciate all your support and generosity!

2 comments:

  1. That was a fun party! I love that photo of Davey and Wesley examining the Tractor. Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to say that the banner was so special because you made it yourself, and it was fabulous while it lasted. I hope to see it again, at the next birthday party! And the homemade cake with all your own dinosaur touches were just so perfect for Wesley.

    ReplyDelete