Monday, January 11, 2010

Morning Routine

We've been working on Wesley's morning routine the past few days. He's sleeping in until about 6:15 or 6:30, which is perfect on weekdays. The problem is that he usually goes straight to the door and starts pounding and yelling for "huggies!" He knows Mommy will come running if he asks for hugs! :)

When Blake tucks him in now, he explains all the things Wesley can do when he wakes up instead of yelling and pounding on the door. Wesley's actually done pretty well with his new routine. We tried the same thing several weeks ago, but Wesley wasn't having it then! On Saturday I got to sleep in until 7:00! Wesley was happily reading books and playing with his animals when I opened his door. 7:00 might not sound like much, but I very clearly the days when he was waking up at 4:30. I am a much happier mom at 7:00 than I am at 4:30!

I took this video over the weekend. I asked Wesley what he did after he woke up, and he was very happy to tell me everything that Blake had told him the night before. His voice even changes because he knows he's repeating his orders from the night before. Good job, Wesley! Keep it up!



"Play Mickey Mouse, play toys, read Monkey George and Farmer Book, Mickey Mouse."

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! There is a HUGE difference between 4:30 and 7am! Keep it up Wesley!!!;)

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that Blake gave him suggestions, so he knew his options. Wesley is such a learner! He had lots to keep himself entertained. Isn't his light a touch light, too, so he can easily turn it on?

    He looked very happy! Way to go, Wesley! 7am is way better!

    ReplyDelete