Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Preschool

Wesley successfully completed his first week at his new school. He was absolutely fine the first day. No tears. No crying. Nothing. I was almost in tears, not because I was sad but just because it was a growing up moment and those always make me teary-eyed, but Wesley was fine. We had visited the school together the week before, so I assumed he was just comfortable and confident and ready to play with new toys! Here's what Wesley had to say about his first day:

The rest of the week didn't go quite so smoothly. When we pulled up to preschool on the second day, Wesley started asking for Miss Alicia--his teacher at his previous daycare. It was then that I figured out what was going on. The day before went so well because he thought he was just visiting again. When he realized it was becoming a pattern, he wasn't so happy about it! There were tears the rest of the week (from Wesley, not me!) but when I called around lunch to check on him, he was always doing fine. In fact, I found this picture in his cubby on the second day:

He obviously didn't stay sad for long after I dropped him off! His teachers were so sweet to celebrate his birthday! Wesley has also been eating well and taking good naps. Two more signs that he's adjusting well. He's also falling in love with Miss Courtney, one of his new teachers. She gives him hugs, reads him books, and sings songs during circle time. Who wouldn't fall in love with that?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Mile stones. Aaah, they are never easy for mommies. Little boys who grow up. It has to be done. I didn't like those moments either. Even a new hair cut made me happy/sad. There was an instant, more grown up change.

    It sounds like Wesley is in a wonderful, loving school where he will learn new things, and thrive just fine. How comforting for you to see that happy picture of him. Proof of how well he really is adjusting. It is a transition time for both of you. Thank God for the loving teachers of our little ones!

    ReplyDelete