Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boogers

Wesley ate some boogers today. Gross, I know. I'm going to tell you about it anyway though!

Blake was getting Wesley out of the car this evening and I could tell some intense conversation was going on between them, but I was too far away to hear. Wesley then walked over to me and was visibly sad/upset/worried. I asked him what was wrong, and Blake informed me that Wesley had eaten a booger.

I then proceeded to tell Wesley, in my best disgusted and stern voice, that eating boogers is gross and he should never, ever do it again. That's when Wesley lost it. There was sobbing and tears and arms clutched around my neck. He seriously had a melt down.

That's when I got the rest of the story from Blake. You see, Blake had told Wesley that if he eats boogers again, they will grow out of his eyes and then he won't be able to see. No wonder Wesley was terrified! We assured Wesley that everything was going to be okay(as long as he doesn't eat any more boogers!) and he was fine within a few minutes.

I'm not saying that scaring children is a good strategy, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wesley never eats a booger again! However, it's Wesley and he's two, so I also wouldn't be surprised if he eats one tomorrow. Such is life!

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that he will never eat another booger again. That would have scared the livin' snot outta me, and I would have been cured for life!

    However, if he ever gets "pink eye" and develops purulent matter in his eyes, you'd better reassure him that it is just from the infection, and not from his one time booger eating incident back when he was two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being very young (3-4?) and having my babysitter tell me very gently and calmly, that I shouldn't eat my boogers. She caught me in the act, and straightened me right up. I had no idea it was a nasty habit! I never did it again. Just needed someone to explain it to me.

    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete