Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tree Tops

Off and on for about six months now (maybe even longer), Wesley's been on a vegetable strike. Every once in a while I could sneak a little something green into him, but not very often. If there was any hint of vegetable, Wesley could usually detect it and would then spit everything back out of his mouth. I tried to make sure he still ate healthy and I always offered the veggies. It's not like he was ever starving (obviously--have you seen that belly?!?!), so we weren't worried. Just annoyed that he was so picky. (Not that I blame him though--veggies aren't my favorite either!)


Well, the strike has ended! For several days now, Wesley has eaten--and even requested--vegetables! He's loving asparagus lately. Blake calls them "tree tops" and Wesley just gobbles them up. A few nights ago, Blake grilled some with all kinds of yummy seasonings, and Wesley ended up eating at least two whole spears. Blake was wishing he had made more! And it's not just asparagus; Wesley ate broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower a few nights ago too. Everything seems to go down a bit easier if we call them "tree tops." That and a little cheese on top never hurts either. ;)

He's eaten enough vegetables lately that I know it's not a fluke. I just hope it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Wesley and vegetables! Grilled veggies are very yummy, especially with a brush of butter, or olive oil, and seasonings. Calling them tree tops is very clever too.

    ReplyDelete