Wesley says the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at preschool. All the kids line up outside (Wesley's class stands on the blue rectangles) and they all recite it together. I didn't realize Wesley had it memorized until he just started saying it one day!
Mommy: "It's whipped cream. I'm going to put it on your pancakes." (It's Christmas break...whipped cream goes on everything, right?)
Ethan: "No, don't put it on pancakes. Put it on my tongue!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5-12-15
Wesley: "So...why don't we have midnight snacks around here?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4-19-14
Wesley's had some good one-liners lately...
Describing his girlfriend: "She talks a lot. She's a talker!"
Insulting his brother: "You disgusting mammal!"
Enjoying his lemonade: "This is delightful!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10-28-13 I overheard Wesley say this to Ethan after playing with him for awhile: Wesley: "Now you be responsible with these toys while I go finish my homework." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3-18-13 Wesley overheard us talking about how many times Ethan had woken up to eat in the night and chimed in... Wesley: "That baby gets to eat in the night? What?!?!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2-6-13 Wesley: "God is bigger and stronger than everyone. He's even stronger than everyone in China!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 12-16-12 Wesley: "What does vote mean?" Mommy:"Vote means you say what person you think will be best for something." Wesley: "Well then, I vote for Holly." (Holly is his "girlfriend" at preschool. He is quite smitten by her!) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 11-6-12 Discussing baby names at the dinner table. Wesley:"How about Spaghetti? I think that would be a good name because it can be for a boy or a girl. Don't you?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7-28-12 Being silly before bed. Mommy: "Why are you laughing so much?" Wesley: "I don't know. I guess I broke my funny bone!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7-7-12 Driving in the car. Wesley: "Hey, Mommy. Do you remember God?" Mommy: "Yes, I remember God." Wesley: "Okay. Good." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3-30-12 Sitting at the dinner table. Wesley: "What's that, Mommy?" Mommy: "That's a potato." Wesley: "Oh." Mommy: "You know what's made out of potatoes? French fries." Wesley: "Oh! You know what, Mommy? I like potatoes!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2-16-12 Wesley: "You know what, Mommy? I ate a leaf today!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1-19-12 On the way to school in the morning. Wesley: "When I get old, I'm not going to be different. I'm going to still be Wesley." Mommy: "Oh good. I'm glad because I like you just the way you are." Wesley: "Well, when I'm a grandpa I'll be different because I'll have a lot of hair on my face." Mommy: "You will?" Wesley: "Well, yeah, Mommy. But it's okay because you'll still love me." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 10-9-11 About 5 minutes after laying down for a nap. Wesley: "Mommy, can you come up here for just a minute?" Mommy: "What's wrong, Wesley?" Wesley: "I really want to dream about lions again, but I just keep thinking about stupid frogs." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 10-2-11 Helping Mommy make cookies. Wesley: "Can I have tastes now and then a cookie too when we're done?" Mommy: "No, I think that's too many treats." Wesley: "Two is not too many things. Trust me, Mommy." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9-29-11 Trying to get out of taking a nap. Wesley: "Ummm...I do not think I'm tired. I can't even close my eyes. See? (he squints) It hurts when I close them." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 5-17-11 Getting in the car in the morning. Wesley: "Mommy, a B says ba. Like it's ba-cold outside today." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2-21-11 After ripping a sticker in the morning. Wesley: "I don't like how my bad day is going." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1-14-11 20 minutes after being tucked into bed. Wesley: "Mommy! Mommy!" Daddy: "What's wrong?" Wesley: "I have sleepies in my eyes." Daddy: "Why do you have sleepies in your eyes?" Wesley: "I was sleeping too much." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 12-14-10 After being served left overs for dinner. Wesley: "We're having this for dinner AGAIN? Why?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9-7-10 While eating dinner. Wesley: "I have one, two hands!" Mommy: "You sure do. I wonder why you have two?" Wesley: "So I can hold my cheeseburger." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 8-28-10 Just after waking up. Wesley: "We have movies...and toys..." Mommy: "You have a good life, huh, Wesley?" Wesley: "Yeah, I have a good life. Jesus takes care of me." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 8-17-10 Buckling Wesley into his car seat in the morning. Mommy: "I love you, Wesley. You're my best boy ever!" Wesley: "I take good care of you, huh, Mommy?" Mommy: *heart melting* "Yes, you do, Wesley. Thank you." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7-15-10 Wesley was doing some strange trick with his hands while going down the stairs. Mommy: "What are you doing, Wesley?" Wesley: "Don't worry bout it, Mommy. I do what Daddy dos." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7-4-10 11:00 AM Wesley: "Can I have an ice cream cone?" Mommy: "No, you can't have an ice cream cone until after dinner." Wesley: "Can I have dinner now?" Mommy: "Nice try." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 6-11-10 5:30 AM Mommy: "You need to go back to sleep. It's still ni-night time." Wesley: "I already did ni-night time." Mommy: *sigh* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 5-8-10 During dinner. Daddy: "Do you like your potatoes?" Wesley: "Yes." Daddy: "Do you like your tree tops (asparagus)?" Wesley: "Yes." Daddy: "Do you like your bread?" Wesley: "No. It don't have butter on it." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3-12-10 Mommy's Birthday Wesley: "Happy birthday to you!" Mommy: "Thank you, Wesley. How old is Mommy today?" Wesley: "Old!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3-3-10 After running into a wall because he had a blanket on his head and couldn't see where he was going. Wesley: *crying* Mommy: "What happened?" Wesley: "Wall hit me!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2-10-10 Playing with animals Mommy:"Wesley, what should my lion eat for dinner?" Wesley: "Avocado sandwich!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2-8-10 Hanging out at home Mommy: "Wesley, are you happy?" Wesley: "No..." Mommy: "Are you sad?" Wesley: "No..." Mommy: "Well, then what are you?" Wesley: "I Wesley!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1-21-10 Getting a snack in the morning Mommy: "Do you want milk or juice?" Wesley: "Or Monkey George, yeah?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 12-8-09 While taking a bath Mommy: "Are you Mommy's baby?" Wesley: "No baby! I big boy. Stop that!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 11-15-09 Pretending Mommy: "Mommy doesn't feel well. What would make Mommy feel better?" Wesley: "Toys!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 10-10-09 In the kitchen Wesley: "More! Eat!" Mommy: "You need more to eat? Are you a little piggy?" Wesley: "Oink! Oink!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 8-18-09 At home in the afternoon Wesley: "Mooooo..." Mommy: "Do you want to see the cows?" Wesley: "Yeah!" Mommy: "Where do you think the cows are at?" Wesley: Points to the front door. (I think he's confusing Woodland with Riverdale!) Mommy: "I'm sorry, but we don't have any cows in the front yard." Wesley: "Baaaa?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7-16-09 At Dr. Kim's office Mommy: "Wesley, do you want to say good bye to Dr. Kim?" Wesley: "No." (I guess we need to work on his manners!) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 6-2-09 Just about bedtime Mommy: "Wesley, what's it time for?" (expected answer: milk) Wesley: "Da da!!!"
That is amazing! That's the youngest I have ever heard anyone recite the Pledge of Allegiance! Who taught Wesley that?!
ReplyDeleteWesley says the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at preschool. All the kids line up outside (Wesley's class stands on the blue rectangles) and they all recite it together. I didn't realize Wesley had it memorized until he just started saying it one day!
ReplyDelete