Sunday, December 12, 2010

This Year's Tree

Last weekend we went tree shopping with Grandma and Poppy, since they were up visiting. We went to OSH like last year. Not much "atmosphere," but they are always nice and helpful. We got a perfect tree too, so I think we'll go back again next year as well!

Heading in to the find the perfect tree.

A little family photo--one of the perks of having extra people along is that we can actually get a photo with all three of us in it!

Wesley got a little candy cane from the man helping us with the tree. Once Wesley got that candy, he couldn't have cared less about all the trees! This boy has a weakness for sweets!


Good thing we got that first family photo, because this is what Wesley usually does in photos now. He's not a big fan of the camera lately...

He was a big fan of helping put the tree up once we got home though! He wanted to help with every little thing.

How many people does it take to get a tree set up? :)

Yep. The whole ordeal even involved a hammer. Wesley was really excited about using tools!

Checking things out with Poppy.

Another attempt at a family photo. Notice how cooperative Wesley's being again. :)

We put Wesley's new ornament for this year on the tree that night, but we saved the rest of the decorating for the next day. I found the perfect ornament for Wesley this year--Buzz and Woody from Toy Story! Wesley loves it so much that I had to find it a spot at the very top of the tree, so he'd stop taking it off every 30 seconds.




We decorated the rest of the tree the next day. Wesley was a big "helper"! I think he's probably taken every ornament off at least once and put it back in a different spot. He's broken two or three now too, but nothing a little glue can't fix.

Finally a smile!

I love this face! He's absolutely thrilled!

When we were all done decorating, I decided we should toast our tree with some sparkling cider. It totally freaked Wesley out though! He started crying and was so sad! He didn't know what was going on, I guess. Maybe that won't be a tradition after all...


Our tree looks beautiful, even though every ornament is in a different spot than where it started. Wesley and I even managed to put up a few lights on the tree in our front yard. We aren't very tall though, so it looks a little funny. Oh well! It was fun project, and maybe we'll expand it for next year. Now to get those presents wrapped...

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day that was! Tree trimming should always be a family affair. Next year Wesley should be able to handle the simple, and sweet tree toasting ceremony better. Hahaha. I thought it was a splendid touch!

    ReplyDelete