Saturday, May 21, 2011

Idioms and Three-Year-Olds

I learned the other night that idioms and three-year-olds don't mix well.

I was trying to get Wesley in the tub, but he was being silly and goofy. I told him, "Wesley, I think you've lost your marbles!" He wanted to know why I told him that, so I told him it meant that he was being silly and needed to get ready for bed.

He looked at me and then explained, "Mommy, to lost your marbles, you need a marble first. And then you have to hide it someplace really good and not be able to find it again ever. Then you lost your marbles. But I didn't do that."

Well, there you have it!

And just for fun--a silly picture too!

(This was from our first attempt at Mother's Day pictures a few weeks ago. Not our best work, but fun!)

3 comments:

  1. LOL I love his reasoning skills! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a smart little man!! Watch out MOM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wesley IS a smart little man. Hahaha. And by the way, Stephanie, it is not fair to look so pretty when posing silly! What the heck! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete