Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Woody's Back!

Last year at about this same time, Wesley was in love with both Woody and Buzz from Toy Story. This is a picture of Wesley and his favorite toy in October 2010. Look at that little boy smile!


Unfortunately, Woody met his match back in January. Wesley decapitated him with a toy drumstick.

Wesley was pretty devastated, and he's been talking about getting a new Woody ever since. I told him we wouldn't buy it for him since he broke it by playing too rough with his toys. If he earned his own money though, then I told him I would take him shopping.

Wesley has been working very hard to save up money lately, and he does chores around the house to earn quarters. When his grandparents found out we were being so stingy, they chipped in with a few extra dollars here and there.

Wesley still had a ways to go before he could afford a new Woody all by himself, but Toy Story toys are getting harder and harder to come by! I hadn't seen a Woody on the toy shelves at our local Target for a few weeks, so I checked online. They were sold out! I started panicking. I had visions of this lesson we were trying to teach Wesley about patience and hard work and saving money all going to waste because Woody was out of stock! Target's website said there was limited quantities still available in our local store, so Wesley, his piggy bank full of quarters and dollar bills, and I headed to Target this past weekend to see if we could find Woody. We went straight to Customer Service, and they informed me there was one left in the store. Yay! We headed straight to the toy section and found the last Woody in town. Success!

Wesley was so excited when we got home with Woody #2!


I paid for Woody in the store. Sadly, $11 will not buy you a Woody these days. So, when we got home, it was time for Wesley to fork over his dough. He was very happy to oblige!

First all the coins...

Then the dollar bills...


And then one very happy little boy!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found one! I know you were getting a little nervous. Look how happy he is! Such a cute and excited boy!! I am excited for him! And check out that big boy haircut! Wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Wesley learned that mistakes can be our best teachers. I'm sure that he learned some valuable lessons, and that this Woody will keep his head as he and Wesley enjoy many new adventures together!

    ReplyDelete