Going back to Halloween...
We decided to carve a pumpkin this year with some help from Grandma and Poppy. It was fun but messy! Wesley wasn't too sure about all the goop that had to be dealt with, but he did like the finished product.
He was a real ham that night when we asked him to take a picture by the pumpkins.
We skipped trick-or-treating this year because Wesley didn't want to go. I asked several times if he wanted to get dressed up, but he just kept saying no. He was very excited every time our doorbell rang though! He would run to the door to see what kinds of costumes the kids were wearing. He was also completely happy to hand out all our candy without getting any back. I guess it wasn't such a bad deal after all--we got to stay home, we had fun making other kids happy, and we didn't have to fight about how much candy Wesley could eat. I think we got off pretty easy this year!
Now we're looking forward to Thanksgiving. Wesley was very busy drawing a turkey this afternoon.
Doesn't he have the cutest smile ever?!?!
And then he ended by writing his name! He's very stubborn (just like daddy!) and usually refuses when I ask him to try writing his name. He doesn't like to do something until he knows he can do it correctly. Well, today was the day, I guess. He wrote his name and couldn't have been more excited with how it turned out. I'm so proud of him! This was supposed to be a picture for Oma, but I think I'm keeping it now. Sorry, Oma!
Yay! I've been checking your blog, and was happy to see an update. I'm so glad you and Wesley are well again. Tell Wesley I think that he drew an awesome turkey, and Oma and Grandma should probably both get color copies of it! Lol. Way to write your name, Wesley!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Sherry...I've been checking your blog and am very happy to see an update (even though I did just get to see Wesley!). And if you are making color copies for Oma and Grandma, I think Tante Natalie needs one too! We had so much fun with you guys this weekend. Tessa sure missed Wesley today -- touching his hair through a picture frame just isn't the same! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you guys are feeling better, and are back to blogging! I've missed you all! :)
ReplyDelete