Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Day of School

Wesley had an absolutely fabulous first day of school! You wouldn't guess it from the first picture I took of him that morning...
You would definitely guess that he is his father's son though!

The mood lightened quickly and I got some much cuter pictures to commemorate his first day of preschool 2012. 

 What a handsome young man, huh? :)
Wesley was a little nervous on the way to school on Monday, but he was nothing but excited once we got there. Now he can't stop talking about school--the things he's learning, his friends, the toys, the projects, everything! He even lectured me in the car on the way to school Friday morning. I wanted to stop at Starbucks, but he didn't want to be late. He explained that he has a lot of things to learn and can't miss any of it, so we have to be on time every day. He ended by saying, "I don't even know who you are." Apparently, my suggestion to stop for coffee made him question whether or not I value education as much as him. I explained that school is very important but so is coffee, and I promised we wouldn't be late. It sure was funny to have the tables turned and be getting a lecture from him about the importance of school and being on time! I'm so thankful that he loves his preschool so much. What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. He is so handsome! And big! And I love that he was giving it to you about the importance of education and being prompt. You should record that and play it back for him when he is in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome indeed! And I will quote my friend who saw a picture of him and said, "Those glasses enhance his cuteness!"

    That is very funny that he was giving you a speech. Where does he get his phrases?! Again,I am flabbergasted.

    ReplyDelete