Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mommy Talents

As Wesley and I were talking the other morning, I called him my "Baby Boy" - old habits die hard! -  and this conversation followed:

Wesley: "Why do you still call me 'baby boy'? Ethan's the baby now, you know."
Mommy: "I don't know why. I guess I just love you too much to stop."
W: "Well, you do have love talent. Wait...what does talent mean again?"
M: "It means something you're good at."
W: "Okay, I used it right. You DO have love talent."

And there you have it! Love talent. What a great way to put it.

To all the mothers in our lives--Happy (almost) Mother's Day! And thank you for always sharing your love talents with all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. That is one of the most precious things I have ever heard. What a great Mother's Day gift! And he didn't even know he was giving it to you! I love that. Happy Mother's Day to you, Steph. You are a wonderful mommy to those two handsome and special boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the mouths of babes. I agree with Natalie. What a great Mother's Day gift, Wesley's words were! Randy read that and said, "What a genius Wesley is!" I just have to say you are very blessed. Thank you to Blake for capturing a wonderful picture of you and your boys. You look younger every year. That is breaking the rules, ya know.

    ReplyDelete