We were in the parking lot of the grocery store yesterday. I reminded Wesley to be careful and watch out for cars. The following conversation was a result of my motherly concern:
Wesley: "Mommy! I know to be careful. Why do you always remind me? I'm not a kid, you know."
Mommy: "Oh, you're not a kid anymore, huh? What are you then? A grown-up?"
Wesley: "I'm five and a half, and I'm almost in first grade. So, yeah, I'm a grown-up. Don't treat me like a kid. I'm not one of those."
My favorite highlights:
1. He's been in Kindergarten for all of two and half weeks, and he already thinks he's "almost" in first grade.
2. His utter disgust when I suggested he was still a kid. How dare I? :)
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great story. Ah Wesley!Such an old soul! He shall not be talked down to. Hahaha. Maybe next time you can say, "Hey, Wesley, let's teach Ethan how to cross the street safely." (wink, wink.)
ReplyDeleteOh this is hilarious! Scarlett and I just had a very similar conversation...she was telling me she was a grown up. Haha!
ReplyDelete