Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Prep

Halloween is around the corner, and we were busy getting ready for it today. 
(We really didn't do much, but it was a big deal to Wesley, so I'm going with it!)
We had pumpkins to carve, so Wesley started by scraping out the seeds. He did a great job, and I just had to finish them up with a final scraping before they were ready to be carved. Wesley was fine with that because, as he put it, "it takes teamwork to carve pumpkins."
 Then we carved the faces for our pumpkins. While working on this part, Wesley said to me, "I'm having a lot of fun doing this with you, Mommy." Such a sweetheart!

Not too long after cleaning up the big mess, a package arrived with Wesley's name on it. Boy, did that make his day! Thank you, Grandma and Poppy!
 Wesley is such a good sport-- I wanted a picture of Wesley and Ethan with their cards. Wesley just kept smiling and keeping his card out of Ethan's reach. Ethan, however, didn't cooperate at all! What a little stinker. :)
 There were all kinds of fun things inside the package, including some amazing disguises--


We ended the day by checking out our pumpkins all lit up on the front step. I'm not sure they'll last until Halloween, but they look good now and we sure had fun making them!



2 comments:

  1. That Wesley is such a good big brother and sweet little boy. Love that kid. And Ethan too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pumpkin carving! I was looking forward to a post on that very thing! Oh, and I'm so glad you got your box of Halloween silliness! Hahaha. You never know when you will need a good disguise.

    ReplyDelete