Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Miraculous Green Beans!

Wesley has been an extremely picky eater for several weeks now. I don't think he's touched, let alone actually eaten, a vegetable in at least a month. I tried all the tricks, but Wesley can smell a vegetable coming from a mile away!

We had a break through tonight though, thanks to good old green beans. I offer vegetables to Wesley all the time, even though I know he won't eat them. Tonight I opened a can of green beans to go with his quesadilla and fruit. He hadn't touched the green beans yet, and they looked pretty good, so I grabbed one off his plate and ate it. The very next second he grabbed one, stuck the whole thing in his mouth, started chewing, and then even said "Mmmm!" Score one for the set-a-good-example-for-your-kids team. I guess I better stock up on veggies...

***UPDATE***
No more green beans since Wednesday night. I guess it was a one-time deal!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty clever, stealing his food. Ha, ha. Canned green beans ARE good! ...Aaaaand you can eat them like french fries.

    Incidentally, have you heard about that kiddie cook book where you sneak in veggies in muffins, etc? Good ole' trickery. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Wesley's words" about being a piggy. Oink, Oink. So funny!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete