There are many mornings (and even a few nights still) when I am up with Wesley earlier than I would like. He often does or says funny things at those insane hours when he should be sleeping that I don't have pictures of videos of (for obvious reasons), but they are memorable nonetheless. So here are few of my favorites!
2:30 AM--Wesley wakes up, cries, and calls for mommy. I go into his room, put his blanket back on him, and tell him to go back to sleep. He asks for his Mother Goose book. I give it to him and tell him to go to sleep. As I close his door and walk away I can hear him turning pages. Yep. Wesley decided to read a book at 2:30 in the morning by the light of nightlight. At least he didn't expect me to read it to him!
4:45 AM--Wesley wakes up and calls for mommy. I go into his room and tell him to lay down and go back to sleep. He looks at me and says, "All done!" He even does the sign for finished to make his point. So I take him into our room and lay down in bed with him, hoping to get a few more minutes of rest. He's quiet for a while, but then proceeds to plant kisses on my face every minute or two. I appreciate the love, but not before 5:00 AM!
5:30 AM--This is actually a pretty normal wake-up time and Wesley starts calling for mommy and daddy (all he wants is someone to get him out of bed). I go in to get Wesley and the first thing he says is "EWWW! Hair up!" Then he reaches for my hair and says ewww again. He wanted my hair in a ponytail instead of down. When did he start caring about my hair? And who really cares what it looks like at 5:30 AM? You're killing me, Wesley! But I love you!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wesley! What a character! You might have to extend his bed time, but he would probably do those things anyway, huh? That is so funny that he said, "All done." and signed it too. Once I asked him if he was all done sleeping, and he signed, and said, "All done!"
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious that he is noticing your hair, and if it is not up. Hahahahaha.
Cute stories! I like how he thought your hair was "Ewww!". How funny!!
ReplyDelete-Sara