Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our Fleeting Summer

Summer is quickly dwindling for us (I go back to work Aug. 9!) but we've been busy filling it up with both productive and fun activities.

When we got back from Pismo, we started potty training. What a life-consuming process! Wesley is doing well with it all though. Going pee came pretty easily for him, but #2 has taken a lot more effort. Wesley is definitely a bribery and rewards kind of boy, so we've made some progress after stocking up on M&Ms and Toy Story toys. And I'm totally okay with that! Thanks to Wesley's grandparents for all the big boy underwear and support too!


Wesley's also been practicing his painting and drawing skills. He went through a set of water color paints in two days! He likes to fill an entire paper with paint, then he flips it over and covers the back side too. At least he's conserving paper! He also has some paint with water books that are a big hit. (On a side note: We used to worry about Wesley and our glass-top kitchen table, but now we LOVE it! Everything comes off so easily! Markers, paint, glue...you name it and off it comes with a little Windex!)

Wesley's been a good helper around the house lately too. He helps in the yard and usually doesn't mind running errands with me either. We're going to enjoy our last week or so at home, then we'll head to Shaver for a few days, and then it's back to school for both of us. We sure have been enjoying summer, but I think we'll all enjoy being back in our school-year routine again soon too.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post of our busy boy. I miss Wesley. Three weeks is just too long. I can't wait to connect with you at Shaver!

    ReplyDelete