Wesley was mumbling something today and all I heard was "fire chief." I asked him if that's what he wants to be when he grows up. He said no and was kind of irritated that I had implied he would be a fire chief. So, I asked him to tell me what he does want to be when he grows up. He replied, "Wesley!" I told him that I know he's Wesley, but I want to know what his job is. He looked at me quite seriously and said, "My job is to take good care of you, Mommy." Talk about the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Just typing the story makes me want to cry! There sure is something special about little boys and their mommies...
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to my world. If you are as blessed as I am, and I know you are, you will feel this way forever. And as for Wesley, he truly means those words. It will always be so.
ReplyDeleteWho teaches him this stuff!? That's awesome. I'm pretty sure Travis never said that kind of stuff to our mom! :) Glad Wesley is determined to take such good care of you, Steph. He's so sweet.
ReplyDelete