Wesley has hit or miss days when it comes to actually wanting to go to school. He's always happy once he's there and he has only good things to say when I pick him up. It's the getting up and getting dressed part that's hard. I think we can all probably relate though!
On his first day back, I asked Wesley to pose for a picture. This is what I got:
Those of you who know Blake, this makes perfect sense!
When I finally got Wesley to turn around, this is what I got next:
Such a pitiful little boy!
I finally got a happy boy again when I told him to stop smiling. He thinks that's a really funny joke, when we tell him to stop smiling while he's pouting. It works just about every time!
Wesley was extremely happy when I picked him up after his first day. He couldn't stop talking about being a big kid now in the Bug Zone. No more Polliwogs for him! (They have themed classrooms at his preschool.)
Showing off his craft from his first day back:
After Wesley's 1st day of school pictures, I realized just how badly he needed a haircut. So, here are his 2nd day of school pictures, with slightly less hair:
I love how he looks so much older than this time last year and how he's so happy to be going to school, yet he's clutching his teddy bear so tightly. A poignant juxtaposition...
Per Tante Natalie's request, here's Wesley on his first day of school last year:
Still the same boy...same personality, same happy smile...just a little more grown up now...
He's so big and handsome! I love that kid. Wish you lived closer!!! Do you think you can post a pic from first day of school last year so we can see how much he has grown? I like when you do that. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! :) Crazy how fast they grow up. By the way, I love the picture where he is facing the fence!
ReplyDeleteI too love those comparison pictures to see how he has grown. I could almost copy Natalie's entire 1st post word for word. Oh, and the facing the fence picture transports me back to his stubborn father at the same age. I have photos of him with his cousins, and Brandon, where Blake is facing backwards while everyone else is saying "Cheeeese!" Sorry, Steph. That apple didn't fall far. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am LOL here at the picture of Wesley posing with his back to the camera! Hello, Blake! LOL LOL
ReplyDeleteI looked at these adorable pictures again, and enlarged the one of his orange, colored dog page. That is very good coloring for a 3 1/2 year old. He stays in the lines very well, and his strokes go in mostly one direction instead of circular random scribbles all over the place. As a children's art teacher, I am very impressed.
ReplyDelete