Wesley was very proud of the cookie below. He rolled it and cut it out all by himself! He's ready to put it on the cookie sheet...
...but then goes in for a kiss! And the kiss quickly turned into a taste or two. And that was the end of that cookie!Here he is in action (minor breakdown included):
Then we decorated all the cookies on Saturday morning.
What a fun and messy time that was!
Below are some of his final products.
Don't think of touching them though! Wesley knows exactly which cookies he decorated and he doesn't want to share! I tried to eat one of his teddy bear cookies this morning, but he said, "Mommy, can you please eat one of your own cookies? That one's mine."
Having so much fun!!!There was a lot of tasting in between decorating...
And a fair amount of spilling too...And we ended up with quite the mess!
According to Wesley though, "Cookies need a lot of frosting." Can't argue with that!(The end of this clip also shows how the entire jar of red sprinkles ended up on the cookie. Oops!)
I was mesmerized throughout that whole process, with my mouth watering! What a wonderful, yummy, learning experience for Wesley! I'm so glad you are willing to deal with all mess because it is so worth it! On day he will be able to cook a whole meal, or bake a cake by himself!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness. I was in such a hurry to show this to Poppy, I didn't check my typos. That should say all the mess, and One day....
ReplyDeleteI must be all sugared up.